Bearberry dry extract
Fine brown powder with a distinctive odor, peculiar astringent and bitter taste
Bearberry is a valuable plant that has been used for medicinal purposes for a long time. That leaves are considered the most valuable part of the shrub, in the most important action of bearberry is a diuretic and antiseptic agent.
The active ingredient is arbutin fenologlycoside, which is a beta-D-glucopyranoside hydroquinone (8-16%). The leaves are rich in tannins of the hydrolyzable group (from 7.2 to 41.6%).
The smaller amount contains:
- and triterpenoids - ursolic acid (0.4-0.7%), flavonoids, catechins, phenolcarboxylic acids - gallic, ellagic.
In the leaves of bearberry there are a lot of iodine.
Glycoside arbutin under the influence of the enzyme of arbutase is hydrolyzed to hydroquinone and glucose.
- The antiseptic effect of the leaves of bearberry is due to hydroquinone, which is formed in the body during hydrolysis of arbutin and is excreted in the urine. Urine at the same time is painted in green or dark green colour.
- The diuretic effect of bearberry preparations is also associated with hydroquinone.
- Tannins contained in the bearberry broth, have an astringent effect in the gastrointestinal tract.
For diseases of the urinary tract (urolithiasis, cystitis, urethritis)
- hypersensitivity to the preparations;
- acute renal failure;
- acute glomerulonephritis;
- lactation period;
- children's age up to 12 years.
We have built a full production cycle - from searching and collecting raw materials, manufacturing a product to delivering an order to the client's territory. This guarantees you stable prices, consistent quality and continuous supply. We focus on the needs of our customers and, upon request, carry out additional analyzes, develop the necessary documentation and produce extracts and powders with the characteristics you need.
We check raw materials and final products with the help of laboratory tests at every stage from raw material preparation to finished extracts and powders. The supplied products comply with the EU safety and quality standards.
We use double packages of 5-10 kg to prevent moisture condensation. Packages are placed in strong five-layer cardboard boxes or craft bags. If an order consists of 4 or more boxes or bags it can be plased on a pallet at your request.
The main cargo delivery is carried out for customer`s account by DHL or Europiir Logistics, which helps our customers save on shipping costs without sacrificing its quality. At your request, we`ll send the available goods in any convenient way from Tallinn within 2 days after making the payment.
The average production and delivery time for custom-made goods is 35–40 days.
Payment is issued on proforma invoice or you can do it online through the Paysera payment system.