Calamus root dry extract
Brown fine powder with a distinctive taste and odour.
Calamus root has always been valued for its powerful healing power, used to treat many diseases, and the therapeutic properties of this root was described by Hippocrates. In the modern world, calamus is used to improve appetite, digestion, as a tonic.
Calamus rhizomes contain up to 5% of essential oil, which consists of
mono and sesquiterpenoids:
- beta element;
- isoacorone and others.
As well as phenolic compounds:
The rhizomes also contain:
- bitter glycoside akorin;
- ascorbic acid;
Bitter glycoside - acorin is contained in calamus rhizomes.
- it increases the excitability of the endings of the gustatory nerves;
- it enhances the reflex compartment of gastric juice; especially hydrochloric acid;
- increases the biliary function of the liver;
- it increases the tone of the gallbladder;
- it increases diuresis;
- anti-inflammatory effects due to essential oil.
Essential oil possesses:
- Antimicrobial activity against a number of microorganisms, in particular the associations of microbes of the periodontal pockets in patients with periodontal disease, delays the growth of staphylococci, escherichia.
- It has fungistatic effect.
- Essential oil component - azaron has a sedative effect on the central nervous system, exerts an anticonvulsant, antiarrhythmic, antispasmodic, bronchodilatory effect in the experiment.
- Calamus rhizomes are applied internally as bitterness to whet the appetite.
- gastrointestinal diseases;
- especially gastritis occurring with low acidity;
- anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, analgesic effect.
It is recommended for:
- periodontal disease and other inflammatory processes of the oral mucosa;
- with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- with hyperacid gastritis.
The use of calamus marsh is contraindicated during pregnancy, with high acidity of gastric secretions, nosebleeds, acute inflammation in the kidneys, exacerbations of gastrointestinal ulcers. Plant preparations tend to lower blood pressure, which should be taken into account for hypotensive patients.
We have built a full production cycle - from searching and collecting raw materials, manufacturing a product to delivering an order to the client's territory. This guarantees you stable prices, consistent quality and continuous supply. We focus on the needs of our customers and, upon request, carry out additional analyzes, develop the necessary documentation and produce extracts and powders with the characteristics you need.
We check raw materials and final products with the help of laboratory tests at every stage from raw material preparation to finished extracts and powders. The supplied products comply with the EU safety and quality standards.
We use double packages of 5-10 kg to prevent moisture condensation. Packages are placed in strong five-layer cardboard boxes or craft bags. If an order consists of 4 or more boxes or bags it can be plased on a pallet at your request.
The main cargo delivery is carried out for customer`s account by DHL or Europiir Logistics, which helps our customers save on shipping costs without sacrificing its quality. At your request, we`ll send the available goods in any convenient way from Tallinn within 2 days after making the payment.
The average production and delivery time for custom-made goods is 35–40 days.
Payment is issued on proforma invoice or you can do it online through the Paysera payment system.