Coltsfoot dry extract
Free flowing greenish-brown colored powder with a distinctive odor and taste.
Coltsfoot has been used for the treatment of respiratory diseases since ancient times. Coltsfoot contribute to the dilution and discharge of sputum, relieve mucosal inflammation, reduce edema, eliminate bacterial factors.
The leaves contain:
- polysaccharides - slime (5-10%);
- as well as bitter glycosides (2.6%);
- organic acids;
- ascorbic acid;
- traces of essential oil;
- pyrrolizidine alkaloids in trace amounts.
- Anti-inflammatory and emollient effect due to mucus. Spreading over the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract, the mucus forms a protective film that protects the epithelium from the irritating effects of cold, bacterial toxins, viruses, irritating food ingredients. Under the protective film of mucus, the activity of the inflammatory process decreases, it regenerates the damaged epithelium, its functions and ciliary movements are normalized.
- Saponins and organic acids dilute the pathological secretions of the respiratory tract, resulting from inflammation, the activity of microorganisms and viruses, contribute to their more rapid evacuation, purification of the respiratory tract and restoration of gas exchange.
- Anti-inflammatory effect is enhanced by carotenoids and tannins.
- The sum of polysaccharides coltsfoot on experimental models of inflammation gives a distinct anti-inflammatory effect, the most pronounced anti-exudative effect.
- In anti-inflammatory activity, the polysaccharides of the mother and stepmother are not inferior to indomethacin, although their pharmacodynamics are different.
Coltsfoot leaves are used in complex treatment of patients:
- with bronchitis, laryngitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma, pulmonary emphysema;
- for the prevention of exacerbations, the prevention of postoperative pulmonary complications.
Coltsfoot infusion is also used for diseases of the upper respiratory tract, chronic rhinitis, for occupational diseases of the lungs and for their prevention.
In addition, Coltsfoot is used in gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, colitis.
When furunculosis, pustular rashes the lotions and compresses are made, people wash the affected skin.
Coltsfoot is contraindicated for use in people with cirrhosis and chronic alcohol use. Pregnant and lactating women should refrain from the use of this medicinal herb, coltsfoot is extremely bad for the fetus and can trigger an abortion. Also, the plant is contraindicated in children under 12 years.
We have built a full production cycle - from searching and collecting raw materials, manufacturing a product to delivering an order to the client's territory. This guarantees you stable prices, consistent quality and continuous supply. We focus on the needs of our customers and, upon request, carry out additional analyzes, develop the necessary documentation and produce extracts and powders with the characteristics you need.
We check raw materials and final products with the help of laboratory tests at every stage from raw material preparation to finished extracts and powders. The supplied products comply with the EU safety and quality standards.
We use double packages of 5-10 kg to prevent moisture condensation. Packages are placed in strong five-layer cardboard boxes or craft bags. If an order consists of 4 or more boxes or bags it can be plased on a pallet at your request.
The main cargo delivery is carried out for customer`s account by DHL or Europiir Logistics, which helps our customers save on shipping costs without sacrificing its quality. At your request, we`ll send the available goods in any convenient way from Tallinn within 2 days after making the payment.
The average production and delivery time for custom-made goods is 35–40 days.
Payment is issued on proforma invoice or you can do it online through the Paysera payment system.