Common comfrey herb dry extract
Fine brown powder with a specific taste and characteristic odor.
Rhizomes with roots of common comfrey are mainly used is used for therapeutic purposes and cosmetology. Common comfrey has anti-inflammatory, astringent, hemostatic, antimicrobial effect, contributes to tissue epithelization.
The plant contains a lot of biologically active substances. Allantoin is the most important compound that determines the main pharmacological properties of most medicines, made on the basis of raw materials from comfrey.
Also, the plant`s roots accumulate pyrrolizidine alkaloids:
- viridiflorin and echinatin;
- simfitin (anadolin);
- cinoglostophin (heliosupin) and their N-oxides;
- as well as cinoglosin (simfitinocin-toctin).
Plant roots contain :
- mono- and polyphenolic compounds (anti-hormonal compound - lithospermic acid, and hydroxycinnamic, chlorogenic, neochlorogenic, coffee, rosmarinic);
- triterpene alcohol izobauerenol;
- steroidal saponins;
- amino acids;
- trace of carotene;
- and pyrocatechol tannins;
- gallic and digalic acids;
- traces of essential oil;
- monoterpenic glycosides;
Common comfrey preparations have primarily a wound-healing and anti-inflammatory effect, enhancing the processes of reparative regeneration in the tissues. The wound-healing effect is provided primarily due to the presence of the biogenic amine allantoin. It has a pronounced regenerating, keratoplastic and possibly antitumor effect. The anti-inflammatory effect of comfrey preparations, in turn, is associated with rosmarinic acid. The stimulation of regenerative processes also underlies the anti-ulcer effect of preparations of comfrey roots.
- Reduces blood pressure, stimulates the respiratory center, and also strengthens the contraction of the muscles of the intestine and uterus. This action is due to the amount of alkaloids, in particular cinoglossofinom (heliosupin) contained in the roots.
- With the presence of polyphenolic acids, especially oxidized polymers of lithospermic acid, the antigonadotropic activity of comfrey is bound.
- It was also established that the oxidation product of lithospermic acid exhibits hypoglycemic properties. - It has been established that comfrey preparations have pronounced immunostimulating properties.
- Literary data indicate antifungal effect of extracts of comfrey mainly on phytopathogenic fungi.
- It is recommended as an enveloping and emollient for respiratory diseases and diarrhea.
- rheumatic pain;
- household injuries-blows;
- closed bone fractures.
- dry and cracked skin;
- wounds that do not heal for a long time;
- trophic ulcers;
It is recommended as an enveloping and emollient for respiratory diseases and diarrhea.
It is forbidden to apply comfrey during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Without special need, it is not recommended to use comfrey for treatment in case of damage to the epidermis (open wounds).
- It is also unsafe and prolonged external use of comfrey preparations.
Despite the many beneficial properties of the plant, in some European countries, most medicinal products made from comfrey roots for intravenous administration were discontinued. It is associated with pyrrolizidine alkaloids of common comfrey, which have significant toxicity, mutagenic and carcinogenic effects.
We have built a full production cycle - from searching and collecting raw materials, manufacturing a product to delivering an order to the client's territory. This guarantees you stable prices, consistent quality and continuous supply. We focus on the needs of our customers and, upon request, carry out additional analyzes, develop the necessary documentation and produce extracts and powders with the characteristics you need.
We check raw materials and final products with the help of laboratory tests at every stage from raw material preparation to finished extracts and powders. The supplied products comply with the EU safety and quality standards.
We use double packages of 5-10 kg to prevent moisture condensation. Packages are placed in strong five-layer cardboard boxes or craft bags. If an order consists of 4 or more boxes or bags it can be plased on a pallet at your request.
The main cargo delivery is carried out for customer`s account by DHL or Europiir Logistics, which helps our customers save on shipping costs without sacrificing its quality. At your request, we`ll send the available goods in any convenient way from Tallinn within 2 days after making the payment.
The average production and delivery time for custom-made goods is 35–40 days.
Payment is issued on proforma invoice or you can do it online through the Paysera payment system.