Elderberry flowers dry extract
Creamy amorphous powder with a distinctive odor and taste
Elderberry is an ancient medicinal plant used in folk and official medicine. Elderberry is not a very popular plant, but during the Middle Ages in Europe it was considered a sacred plant. Used by official medicine for bronchitis, laryngitis, neuralgia, migraine, kidney disease, eye diseases, etc.
Elderberry flowers contain:
- flavonoids (1.5-3.0%): quercetin, kaempferol and its glycosides - hyperoside, isoquercitrin, rutin, astragalin;
- triterpenoids (alpha- and beta-amyrin, oleanolic and ursolic acids);
- cyanogenic glycoside sambunigrin, hydrocyanic acid, benzaldehyde and glucose;
- essential oil (0.27-0.32%);
- phenolic (para-coumaric, chlorogenic) and organic acids (malic, acetic, and valeric).
Elderberry flowers render:
- diaphoretic (glycoside sambunigrin);
- expectorant agent;
- regulating carbohydrate metabolism;
- sugar reducing effect;
- as well as general and local anti-inflammatory effects associated with the presence of rutin, which reduces the permeability of the vascular walls;
- weak disinfecting and astringent properties.
It is used for: colds, flu, bronchitis.
The preparations of elderberry flowers are prescribed with functional disorders of the liver and as a diuretic in some kidney diseases.
- gestation period;
- diabetes insipidus;
- Crohn's disease;
- nonspecific ulcerative colitis.
We have built a full production cycle - from searching and collecting raw materials, manufacturing a product to delivering an order to the client's territory. This guarantees you stable prices, consistent quality and continuous supply. We focus on the needs of our customers and, upon request, carry out additional analyzes, develop the necessary documentation and produce extracts and powders with the characteristics you need.
We check raw materials and final products with the help of laboratory tests at every stage from raw material preparation to finished extracts and powders. The supplied products comply with the EU safety and quality standards.
We use double packages of 5-10 kg to prevent moisture condensation. Packages are placed in strong five-layer cardboard boxes or craft bags. If an order consists of 4 or more boxes or bags it can be plased on a pallet at your request.
The main cargo delivery is carried out for customer`s account by DHL or Europiir Logistics, which helps our customers save on shipping costs without sacrificing its quality. At your request, we`ll send the available goods in any convenient way from Tallinn within 2 days after making the payment.
The average production and delivery time for custom-made goods is 35–40 days.
Payment is issued on proforma invoice or you can do it online through the Paysera payment system.