Liquorice root dry extract
Dry fine powder brownish-yellow color, weak peculiar smell, cloyingly sweet taste.
Liquorice is mentioned in traditional oriental medicine recipes more often than any other plant: it left behind even ginseng.
Liquorice root is widely used in diseases of the upper respiratory tract and lungs as:
- anti-inflammatory agent.
The advantage of liquorice preparations against individual substances is the combination of glycyrrhizic acid, which acts anti-inflammatory, liquidoritoside, which has antispasmodic properties, lycurizide, which gives anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator effect, and saponins, which dilute the secret of the bronchi. This explains the popularity of liquorice used in acute and chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchial asthma, bronchiectasis, and other diseases.
Underground parts of liquorice contain up to 23% triterpenic saponin glycyrrhizin, giving the roots a sweet taste. These are potassium and calcium salts of glycyrrhizic acid, the aglycone of which is glycyrrhetic acid (glycyrrhetic), and the carbohydrate part is represented by two molecules of glucuronic acid.
There are also found:
- 27 different flavonoids, derivatives of flavanone and chalcone (likvritin, isolikiritin, lakrizid, etc.);
- ascorbic acid (up to 30 mg%);
- small amount of essential oil;
- pectic substances;
The rhizomes contain more glycyrrhizin than roots.
- The preparations of Liquorice have a high anti-inflammatory activity, inhibit both exudative and proliferative phases of the inflammatory process. The anti-inflammatory action of liquorice is associated with the stimulating effect of glycyrrhizic acid on the adrenal cortex.
- The preparations of Liquorice contribute to the healing of stomach ulcers.
- The preparations of liquorice revealed a pronounced inhibitory effect on immediate-type allergic reactions.
- It has adaptogenic properties.
- It has estrogenic activity.
- Liquorice root extract has lipid-lowering properties. The mechanism of anti-sclerotic action is associated with the ability of glycyrrhizic acid, which is a triterpenic acid saponin, to interact with cholesterol, forming an insoluble complex, and also inhibit cholesterol biosynthesis. The inhibitory effect of glycyrrhizin on the development of hyperlipidemia was also found.
- Glycyrrhizin is associated with an increase in the secretory function of the epithelium of the respiratory tract, a change in the surface-active properties of pulmonary surfactant and a stimulating effect on the function of the cilia of the epithelium.
- It has antiviral and antiprotozoal properties.
- It has an antispasmodic effect on smooth muscle associated with the action of flavonoids.
- Liquorice preparations inhibit the secretion of gastric juice.
- The flavonoid compounds normalize vascular permeability.
- The preparations of liquorice roots have an antiviral effect, and the sodium salt of glycyrrhetinic acid is active against protozoa.
- The foaming properties of liquorice roots are used in aerosols, where liquorice is technologically auxiliary and at the same time has a therapeutic anti-inflammatory effect.
It is used for bronchitis, cough, diseases associated with:
- adrenal hypofunction;
- addison disease;
- systemic lupus erythematosus;
- chronic skin diseases;
- allergic diseases;
- in patients taking long-term steroids.
- in certain inflammatory diseases of the liver;
- during pregnancy
- and during breastfeeding,
- heart failure.
We have built a full production cycle - from searching and collecting raw materials, manufacturing a product to delivering an order to the client's territory. This guarantees you stable prices, consistent quality and continuous supply. We focus on the needs of our customers and, upon request, carry out additional analyzes, develop the necessary documentation and produce extracts and powders with the characteristics you need.
We check raw materials and final products with the help of laboratory tests at every stage from raw material preparation to finished extracts and powders. The supplied products comply with the EU safety and quality standards.
We use double packages of 5-10 kg to prevent moisture condensation. Packages are placed in strong five-layer cardboard boxes or craft bags. If an order consists of 4 or more boxes or bags it can be plased on a pallet at your request.
The main cargo delivery is carried out for customer`s account by DHL or Europiir Logistics, which helps our customers save on shipping costs without sacrificing its quality. At your request, we`ll send the available goods in any convenient way from Tallinn within 2 days after making the payment.
The average production and delivery time for custom-made goods is 35–40 days.
Payment is issued on proforma invoice or you can do it online through the Paysera payment system.