Thyme herb dry extract
Light brown or brown fine powder with a distinctive taste and odour
Thyme is a widespread plant, which is a small fragrant shrub or shrub. It grows in subtropical and temperate climates, and is widespread in Central and Southeast Asia, in Africa, and also in Europe. Thyme has a large set of useful properties, it often finds its application in cooking, as well as in landscape design and medicine.
Thyme herb contains:
- chlorogenic and oleanolic acids;
- mineral salts;
- macro- and microelements;
- essential oil (up to 1.7%) with a predominance of phenols - thymol and liquid carvacrol.
Cymene, borneol, terpinene, terpineol were found in small amounts in essential oil.
- Expectorant and antimicrobial action. Thyme enhances the secretion of bronchial glands, stimulates the motor activity of the ciliary epithelium of the upper respiratory tract, dilutes sputum and accelerates the evacuation of the products of inflammation and mucous masses.
- The preparations of thyme also contribute to the loosening of inflammatory raids. With a dry lesion of the mucous membranes of the throat and larynx, the plant has an enveloping effect.
- In addition, thyme herb has some antispasmodic properties due to the content of flavonoids in it, which is of no small importance in the mechanism of the expectorant effect of the plant.
- Due to the content of thymol and carvacrol in the plant, thyme preparations (thyme) are effective in inflammatory processes complicated by pathogenic microflora resistant to antibiotics. Even with a negligible content in the infusion of these phenolic compounds, the drug has a pronounced antimicrobial effect. Thymol has a detrimental effect on cocci pathogenic flora and gram-negative microorganisms.
- High antimycotic activity of thymol and against pathogenic fungi has been established. It has a detrimental effect on tapeworms and some roundworms.
- There are successfully used preparations of thyme and in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by a decrease in gastric secretion, atony or spasms of the intestine.
- It normalizes digestion, improves the discharge of gases, strengthens the separation of gastric juice, eliminates spasms of the gastrointestinal tract. Due to the disinfecting properties of the thyme herb, the intestinal microflora is normalized.
- infectious and inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract (tracheitis, bronchitis, bronchopneumonia);
- oral cavity
- and pharynx (pharyngitis, tonsillitis, stomatitis, gingivitis).
- hypersensitivity to the preparations;
- abnormal liver and / or kidney function;
- gastritis with high acidity;
- peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- period of pregnancy and lactation.
We use double packages of 5-10 kg to prevent moisture condensation. Packages are placed in strong five-layer cardboard boxes or craft bags. If an order consists of 4 or more boxes or bags it can be plased on a pallet at your request.
The main cargo delivery is carried out for customer`s account by DHL or Europiir Logistics, which helps our customers save on shipping costs without sacrificing its quality. At your request, we`ll send the available goods in any convenient way from Tallinn within 2 days after making the payment.
The average production and delivery time for custom-made goods is 35–40 days.
Payment is issued on proforma invoice or you can do it online through the Paysera payment system.