Valerian dry extract
Powder from light brown to dark brown with a distinctive odor and bitter-sweet spicy taste.
Valerian is famous for its sedative effect. It is considered one of the classic reference means for the treatment of diseases of the nervous system with increased excitability, insomnia. Valerian is an example when the curative effect of the total extract from the plant, while isolated substances do not have the corresponding effect.
The rhizomes with roots contain
- from 0.5 to 2.4% of essential oil, the main part of which is borilizovalerianat;
- as well as present free acid isovaleric and borneol;
- bicyclic monoterpenoids (camphene, pinene, terpineol);
- sesquiterpenoids (valerian, valerenone, valerenic acid);
- valeric acid free.
The raw materials also contain:
- iridoids - valepotriates (0.8-2.5%);
- triterpene saponins;
- organic acids;
- free amines.
Valerian has a multifaceted effect on the body:
- it inhibits the central nervous system, reduces its excitability;
- it reduces spasms of smooth muscle organs;
- it lengthens the effect of hypnotics;
- it has an inhibitory effect on the system of the medulla and medulla;
- it increases the functional mobility of cortical processes;
- it regulates the activity of the heart, acting indirectly through the central nervous system and directly on the muscle and the conducting system of the heart;
- it improves coronary circulation due to the direct action of borneol on the heart vessels;
- it enhances the secretion of the glandular apparatus of the gastrointestinal tract;
- it enhances bile secretion.
- as a sedative for chronic functional disorders of the central nervous system;
- with neurosis, hysteria and other neurotic states;
- with epilepsy, along with other medical measures, insomnia, migraine;
- with neuroses of the heart and chronic impairment of the coronary circulation;
- with hypertension;
- reduce the excitability of the cerebral cortex and reduce vegetative-vascular disorders;
- with tachycardia caused by the neurotic state.
Valerian preparations are used:
- with neurosis of the stomach, accompanied by pain of a spastic nature, constipation and flatulence;
- in violation of the secretory function of the glandular apparatus of the gastrointestinal tract;
- diseases of the liver and biliary tract in complex therapy; with thyrotoxicosis with subjective symptoms (heat sensation, palpitations, etc.);
- with climacteric disorders and a number of other diseases accompanied by sleep disturbance and increased irritability.
Valerian is more effective with systematic and long-term use due to the slow development of therapeutic action. The infusion of valerian is used in the complex therapy of obesity as an anorectic agent. Suppressing the hypothalamic centers of appetite, valerian reduces hunger, suppresses appetite, and helps with the restriction of food.
As a rule, valerian preparations are well tolerated, but in some hypertensive patients they give the opposite stimulating effect, disrupt sleep, and cause severe dreams. One of the components of the therapeutic effect of valerian is its smell, reflexively acting on the central nervous system. It is also possible inhalation (through the lungs) intake of therapeutic substances into the body.
- hypersensitivity to valerian preparations;
- children's age (up to 3 years);
- with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
We have built a full production cycle - from searching and collecting raw materials, manufacturing a product to delivering an order to the client's territory. This guarantees you stable prices, consistent quality and continuous supply. We focus on the needs of our customers and, upon request, carry out additional analyzes, develop the necessary documentation and produce extracts and powders with the characteristics you need.
We check raw materials and final products with the help of laboratory tests at every stage from raw material preparation to finished extracts and powders. The supplied products comply with the EU safety and quality standards.
We use double packages of 5-10 kg to prevent moisture condensation. Packages are placed in strong five-layer cardboard boxes or craft bags. If an order consists of 4 or more boxes or bags it can be plased on a pallet at your request.
The main cargo delivery is carried out for customer`s account by DHL or Europiir Logistics, which helps our customers save on shipping costs without sacrificing its quality. At your request, we`ll send the available goods in any convenient way from Tallinn within 2 days after making the payment.
The average production and delivery time for custom-made goods is 35–40 days.
Payment is issued on proforma invoice or you can do it online through the Paysera payment system.